Consultant Job Description
Point Road Group, a global personal branding and consulting firm that helps executives and companies achieve their goals, is seeking a personal branding/career consultant to join our growing team.
This role is perfect if you truly enjoy helping people, have an entrepreneurial mindset, like working somewhat independently and have a passion for excellence. You’ll work directly with executives pursuing a new job, board role or stronger visibility to drive professional success, and provide highly personalized coaching and guidance, and write career materials. You’ll also be directly involved with Point Road Group’s business development efforts. Optional to get involved with speaking engagements and corporate initiatives, depending on your interest and background.
We’re looking for someone who is confident, energetic, resourceful and highly professional, who can respectfully challenge and empathically motivate and advise others. If you’re a self-starter who is incredibly detailed-oriented and thinks strategically, you’ll excel. Success will also depend on comfort and experience with networking and business development. This is a commission-based role.
What you’ll do
- Meet with clients in person or via Skype, depending on client location.
- Write career materials from scratch, including resumes, LinkedIn profiles and bios.
- Provide tailored advice, guidance and coaching to individuals pursuing, or considering pursuit of, a new job (e.g., career strategy, best practices for a job search, networking, interviewing, salary negotiation etc.).
- Provide personal branding advice, guidance and coaching to those seeking to increase professional visibility to drive business success.
- Conduct phone consultations with prospective clients.
- Network strategically to elevate your visibility and drive business development.
- Lead targeted business development efforts.
- Experience working with mid to senior-level professionals providing personalized career coaching and guidance.
- Experience writing resumes and LinkedIn profiles from scratch.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Substantial knowledge of LinkedIn (and a personal profile that reflects it).
- Strong business writing skills.
- Minimum 2+ years of directly relevant work experience.
- Live in the metropolitan area of a major US city.
- Able to attend some meetings in person in our office in New York.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Nice-to-haves for this role
- Experience leading presentations and/or workshops.
- Experience working with executives seeking board roles.
- Marketing, communications, business development, sales, recruiting or leadership development experience.
Email resume and cover letter as one attachment to email@example.com with subject “Consultant Position.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.