Digital Marketing Intern Job Description
Point Road Group is a global career consulting and personal branding firm that helps people market themselves to achieve their career goals. We also work with organizations on customized programs.
We’re seeking a digital marketing intern to assist with integrated marketing initiatives. It’s a unique opportunity to have a direct impact and work with a highly collaborative team at a growing firm. You’ll have a chance to learn and hone a variety of marketing and communications skills. And the more capability you show, the more responsibility you’ll be given!
While this internship is unpaid, it may be eligible for academic credit at the discretion of your school.
- Maintain social media calendar and write/coordinate posts on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Analyze social media and website metrics and produce reports.
- Perform keyword research to improve website SEO.
- Conduct research to support ad hoc marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate production of monthly newsletter.
- Assist with event marketing.
- Update website content.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Proficient with LinkedIn, Twitter and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp is preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Previous experience in digital marketing and/or communications is helpful.
- Remote position with flexible hours that will require attending some meetings in our office in Midtown Manhattan (which occur during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM).
- For academic credit only. Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program required, as well as adherence to the institution’s policies and procedures to obtain course credit for internship.
Send resume and cover letter as one attachment to email@example.com, subject line “Digital Marketing Intern.” No phone calls please.
Career Consultant Job Description
Point Road Group is a global career consulting and personal branding firm that helps executives and experienced professionals market themselves to achieve their career goals. We also work with companies, professional associations and nonprofits on customized corporate programs.
We’re seeking a career consultant on a contract basis to work directly with senior-level clients pursuing a new job, board role or stronger professional visibility to drive business success. An ideal candidate will provide highly personalized, strategic and detailed guidance to clients who want to move forward in their careers for a variety of reasons. We’re looking for someone who is empathetic and patient, but also confident and experienced and knows how to motivate and help clients.
Point Road Group provides a variety of services to clients ranging from hourly career consulting and writing resumes and LinkedIn profiles, to comprehensive personal branding and career advancement packages.
- Meet with clients one-on-one in the Point Road Group offices in Midtown Manhattan or via Skype, depending on client location.
- Write and edit client career materials from scratch, including resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios and cover letters.
- Provide individually tailored personal branding guidance to clients looking to increase their professional visibility to drive business success (ranging from earlier stage high-potentials to C-suite executives to entrepreneurs).
- Provide individually tailored career advice and guidance to clients pursuing a new job (including a career change/pivot).
- Coach clients on best practices for conducting a job search, effective networking, interviewing and salary negotiation.
- Experience leading individual meetings with mid to senior-level professionals and providing personalized career coaching and guidance.
- Experience writing resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios and cover letters from scratch.
- Great people skills, including active listening and coaching.
- Strong business writing and editing skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Substantial knowledge of LinkedIn (and a personal profile that reflects that).
- Comfortable conducting meetings by Skype.
- Minimum 3+ years of directly relevant work experience.
- Able to attend internal meetings and some client meetings in our office in Midtown Manhattan. This is a partially virtual position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A plus if you’ve worked with executives seeking board roles.
- An extra plus if you have experience as a speaker.
Send resume and cover letter as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Career Consultant Position.” No phone calls please.