Digital Marketing Intern Job Description
If you love digital marketing, want to learn more about it and then immediately apply what you learn, then you’re a great fit for Point Road Group! This internship provides a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on our marketing initiatives and work with a highly collaborative team at a growing firm. You’ll have a chance to learn and hone a variety of marketing, branding and communications skills. And the more capability and initiative you show, the more responsibility you’ll be given!
This is an unpaid internship but may be eligible for academic credit at the discretion of your school.
- Maintain social media calendar and coordinate posts on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Analyze social media and website metrics and make recommendations based on insights.
- Perform keyword research to improve website SEO.
- Assist with event marketing.
- Conduct research to support marketing initiatives.
- Create and coordinate a video and image gallery.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Proficient with LinkedIn, Twitter and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics is helpful.
- Strong writing skills.
- Previous experience in digital marketing and/or communications is preferred.
- Remote position with flexible hours that will require attending some meetings in our office in Midtown Manhattan (which occur during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM).
- For academic credit only. Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program required, as well as adherence to the institution’s policies and procedures, to obtain course credit for internship.
Send resume and cover letter as one attachment to email@example.com, subject line “Digital Marketing Intern.” No phone calls please.
Consultant Job Description
If you truly enjoy helping people make positive changes in their careers, have an entrepreneurial mindset, are independently driven and have a passion for excellence, then you’re a perfect fit for our personal branding/career consultant position!
You’ll work directly with executives and experienced professionals pursuing a new job, board role or stronger visibility to achieve their goals. Clients will look to you for highly personalized coaching, guidance and creation of career materials. You’ll also be directly involved with Point Road Group’s business development efforts. Optional to get involved with speaking engagements and corporate initiatives, depending on your interest and background.
We’re looking for someone who is confident, energetic, resourceful and highly professional, who can respectfully challenge and empathically motivate and advise others. If you’re a self-starter who is incredibly detailed-oriented and thinks strategically, you’ll excel. Your success will also largely depend on your comfort and experience with networking and business development efforts. This is a commission-based role with significant reward for success.
What you’ll do
- Meet with clients in person or via Skype, depending on client location.
- Write career materials from scratch, including resumes, LinkedIn profiles and bios.
- Provide tailored advice, guidance and coaching to individuals pursuing, or considering pursuit of, a new job (e.g., career strategy, best practices for a job search, networking, interviewing, salary negotiation etc.).
- Provide personal branding advice, guidance and coaching to those seeking to increase professional visibility to drive business success.
- Conduct phone consultations with prospective clients.
- Network strategically to elevate your visibility, which is key in this kind of role.
- Lead targeted business development efforts.
- Experience working with mid to senior-level professionals providing personalized career coaching and guidance.
- Experience writing resumes and LinkedIn profiles from scratch.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Substantial knowledge of LinkedIn (and a personal profile that reflects it).
- Strong business writing skills.
- Minimum 2+ years of directly relevant work experience.
- Live in the metropolitan area of a major US city.
- Able to attend some meetings in person in our office in New York.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Nice-to-haves for this role
- Experience leading presentations and/or workshops.
- Experience working with executives seeking board roles.
- Marketing, communications, business development, sales, recruiting or leadership development experience.
Email resume and cover letter as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Consultant Position.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.