Digital Marketing Intern Job Description
Point Road Group is a global career consulting and personal branding firm that helps people market themselves to achieve their career goals. We work with individuals seeking a new job, board role or stronger personal brand to drive business success. Our clients represent a wide range of industries, job functions and professional levels — from earlier stage high-potentials and experienced professionals to C-suite executives, board directors and entrepreneurs.
We’re seeking a digital marketing intern to assist with integrated marketing initiatives. It’s a unique opportunity to have a direct impact and work with a highly collaborative team at a growing firm. You’ll have a chance to learn and hone a variety of marketing and business communications skills. And the more capability you show, the more responsibility you’ll be given!
While this internship is unpaid, it may be eligible for academic credit at the discretion of your school.
- Maintain social media calendar and write/coordinate posts on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Analyze social media and website metrics and produce reports.
- Perform keyword research to improve website SEO.
- Update website content.
- Coordinate production of monthly newsletter.
- Assist with event marketing.
- Conduct research and write content to support ad hoc marketing initiatives.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Proficient with Twitter, LinkedIn and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp is preferred.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Previous experience in digital marketing (including SEO) and/or communications is helpful.
- Remote position with flexible hours that will require attending some meetings in our office in Midtown Manhattan (which occur during regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM).
- For academic credit only. Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program required, as well as adherence to the institution’s policies and procedures to obtain course credit for internship.
Send resume and cover letter as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Digital Marketing Intern.” No phone calls please.
Career Consultant Job Description
Point Road Group is a global career consulting and personal branding firm that helps executives and experienced professionals market themselves to achieve their career goals. We also work with companies, professional associations and nonprofits on customized corporate programs.
We’re seeking a career consultant on a contract basis to work directly with senior-level clients pursuing a new job, board role or stronger professional visibility to drive business success. An ideal candidate will provide highly personalized, strategic and detailed guidance to clients who want to move forward in their careers for a variety of reasons. We’re looking for someone who is empathetic and patient, but also confident and experienced and knows how to motivate and help clients.
Point Road Group provides a variety of services to clients ranging from hourly career consulting and writing resumes and LinkedIn profiles, to comprehensive personal branding and career advancement packages.
- Meet with clients one-on-one in the Point Road Group offices in Midtown Manhattan or via Skype, depending on client location.
- Write and edit client materials from scratch, including resumes, LinkedIn profiles and cover letters.
- Provide individually tailored career/personal branding advice and guidance to clients pursuing career advancement as well as career change/pivot/transition.
- Coach clients on best practices for conducting a job search, effective networking, interviewing and salary negotiation.
- Provide individually tailored personal branding advice, guidance and coaching to clients looking to increase their professional visibility to drive business success.
- Experience leading individual meetings with mid to senior-level professionals across multiple industries and providing personalized career coaching and guidance.
- Experience writing resumes, LinkedIn profiles and cover letters from scratch
- Great people skills, including active listening and coaching.
- Strong business writing and editing skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Substantial knowledge of LinkedIn (and a personal profile that reflects that).
- Comfortable conducting meetings by Skype.
- Minimum 3+ years of directly relevant work experience.
- Able to attend internal meetings and some client meetings in our office in Midtown Manhattan. This is a partially virtual position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A plus if you’ve worked with executives seeking board roles.
Send resume and cover letter as one attachment to email@example.com, subject line “Career Consultant Position.” No phone calls please.